Couple sue after Mega Death sauce hospitalizes son

October 21, 2010

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Text size +

CLEVELAND, Tenn.—Some don't like it hot. A Steak 'n Shake restaurant in Cleveland, Tenn., was sued by a couple who claimed it served a hot sauce that sent their son to the hospital.

Tim and Mary Katherine Gann said a restaurant server gave their minor child a bottle of Blair's Mega Death Sauce for his chili and encouraged him to eat some. When he did, he broke out in hives, had trouble breathing and suffered severe pain.

The brand isn't customarily served by the chain, according to the Cleveland Daily Banner. Mega Death's maker warns that it's "500 times hotter than a jalapeno."

A spokeswoman for franchise owner Debbie Richmond said Thursday the company wasn't commenting.

The lawsuit seeks $10,000 in compensation and $50,000 punitive damages.

PaulRevered on Twitter@PaulRevered on Twitter
Alerting you to what's interesting on
    waiting for twitterWaiting for to feed in the latest...