Roxbury man who posed his daughter with gun is sentenced

By Abbie Ruzicka
Globe Correspondent / September 29, 2009

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

  • E-mail|
  • Print|
  • Reprints|
  • |
Text size +

A Roxbury man was sentenced to prison yesterday after he admitted he posed his 17-month-old daughter with a firearm in photos taken earlier this year, said Jake Wark, spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney.

Michael Majors, 20, pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment of a child and unlawful possession of a Cobray MAC-11 9mm firearm. Wark said Majors posed his daughter with the weapon and an extended magazine in the photos, which were taken in January.

Majors also pleaded guilty to additional gun charges, including unlawful possession of a large-capacity weapon; a large capacity magazine, or gun chamber; a .38-caliber Colt Government handgun; and various loose rounds of ammunition, Wark said.

A Superior Court judge sentenced him to three to five years in prison with three years’ probation. “It’s not just chilling but incomprehensible that a person would do such a thing with a child,’’ District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said in a prepared statement.

Boston police found the photos and weapons at the home of Majors’s mother Jan. 15 after his child’s mother, Kismauri Pena, 21, called police to the home. Pena told police Majors was armed and had stolen $100 from her and hit her.

Majors was taken into custody, and police searched the home and found four firearms, ammunition, and a bulletproof vest, Wark said. During the search, police also found several photographs in which the child was holding the Cobray MAC-11.

Pena faces a charge of reckless endangerment of a child for leaving the toddler in Majors’s care while knowing he was in possession of multiple firearms, and a perjury charge for allegedly telling a Suffolk County grand jury that the child in the photograph was not hers, Wark said. Pena is scheduled to return to court tomorrow.

Majors’s lawyer, Richard Doyle, could not be reached for comment.