THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

KeySpan says worker error led to gas leaks, blast

Mark Bittrolff (left) and Todd Trojano of KeySpan worked to replace a main valve shutoff at the corner of Hancock Street and Hayes Avenue yesterday in Lexington.
By Raja Mishra and Dorian Block
Globe Staff And Globe Correspondent / November 11, 2005

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Text size +

LEXINGTON -- KeySpan admitted yesterday that its workers accidentally caused widespread gas leaks in Lexington two days ago, triggering the fiery destruction of one house, near explosions at seven others, and leaving hundreds without heat amid cold weather. (Full article: 848 words)

This article is available in our archives:

Globe Subscribers

FREE for subscribers

Subscribers to the Boston Globe get unlimited access to our archives.

Not a subscriber?

Non-Subscribers

Purchase an electronic copy of the full article. Learn More

  • $9.95 1 month archives pass
  • $24.95 3 months archives pass
  • $74.95 1 year archives pass

Connect with Boston.com

Twitter Follow us on @BostonUpdate, other Twitter accounts