When Oakes Angier opened a tavern around 1726 at the intersection of some of Newtons first cartways, he knew what he was doing. Angier ran the tavern long enough for the community to become known as Angiers Corner, with stage coaches and the Boston and Worcester Railroad passing through. The name changed to Newton Corner after a local commuter service station was built in the 1840s. Currently, the villages Exit 17 on the Mass. Pike offers convenient connections to and from downtown Boston.
Pizzeria Uno is a favorite in Newton Corner.