The Watertown Recreation Department's open forum and youth organizations presidents meeting has been moved to Tuesday, Nov. 20 in the lower hearing room of Watertown Town Hall.
The open forum part of the meeting will allow residents to provide comments and feedback on subjects like winter programming, spring/summer programming ideas, recreational facility use, capital improvement plans, and fundraising for Victory Field.
The department continues to raise money for the new Victory Field through several programs, including "A Brick for Vic" and bronze plaques for purchase. The department has raised just under $300,000 as of Nov. 7.
The department has also announced the winter schedule for recreational program, and is accepting registration forms for the sports. Space is limited and will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, according to the department. Registrations will not be accepted at the site of the program.
The programs and meeting times for winter programs are as follows:
- Men’s Basketball Open Gym: Adults 30+, September 30 - Sundays 8:30am-10:30am
- Middle School Open Gym: Grades 6-8, November 16 – Fridays 6:30pm-9pm
- Pre-Kindergarten Indoor Sports: Ages 3-5, November 19 - Mon. and Thurs. 10am-11am
- All Sports Program: Grades 3-5, November 19 - Mon., Wed., Fri. 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Junior All Sports Program: Grades K-2, November 20 - Tues., Wed., and Thurs. 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Junior Creative Crafts: Grades PreK-2, November 20 - Tues., Thurs., Fri. 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Up Cycled Fashion Design:Grades 6-8, November 30 – Fridays 6:45pm-7:45pm
- Box and Burn: Grades 6-8, November 30 – Fridays 7:45pm-8:45pm
- Little Shooters Basketball: Grades K-1, December 1 – Saturdays. 9:00am-10:50am
- Floor Hockey: Grades K-12, December 1 - Saturdays 9:00am-3:45pm
- Chef’s Pastry Party: Grades 1-5, December 1 - Saturdays 10:00am-11:00am
- JB’s Boxing Training: Grades 1-5, December 1 - Saturdays 11:15am-12:15pm
- Mix It Up: Ages 3-6, December 1 - Saturdays 11:15am-12:15pm
- Up, Jump and Move: Ages 3-6, December 1 - Saturdays 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Community Sports and Games: All Ages, December 2 - Sundays 2:00pm-7:00pm
- Cheer Club: Grades K-5, December 2 – Sundays. 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Characters Come Alive, Bring Literature to Life: Ages 3-5, December 2 - Sundays 3:15pm-4:15pm
- Artesian Jewelry Class: Grades 1-5, December 2 – Sundays. 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Remarkable Rembrandts: Grades 6-8, December 2 – Sundays 5:45pm-6:45pm
- Baton Twirling: Grades PreK-8, December 18 – Tues., 5:30pm-8:00pm
- December Vacation Program:Grades 1-8, December 26 - 28 – Wed.-Fri. 8:45am-2:30pm
- Disney on Ice “100 Years of Magic”: All ages, Saturday, December 29, 2012 3:00pm
- Wachusett Ski/Board Program: Grades 6-12, January 5 – Saturdays 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Boston Ski and Sports Club: Adults 18+, Information available at www.BSSC.com click on sports
- Belmont/Watertown S.P.O.R.T.: Ages 8 and over, for more information go to www.belmontsport.org
For more information, questions or concerns, please contact the recreation department at 617-972-6494.