A number of streets will be closed and parking restrictions will be in place Saturday because of the annual Caribbean Carnival in Franklin Park.
Starting at 7:00 a.m. the J'Ouvert Parade, the first parade Saturday, will begin at Morton Street and travel to Blue Hill Avenue, eventually ending at Glenway Street.
The second parade will begin at 1:00 p.m. at Martin Luther King Boulevard and Warren Street. The parade will travel along King to Warren Street and Blue Hill, ending at Glenway.
"Tow Zone, No Stopping, Saturday" signs will be posted at the following locations:
• American Legion Highway, median island, for both directions of travel, from Blue Hill Avenue to Canterbury Street
• Blue Hill Avenue, east side (inbound side), from Morton Street to American Legion Highway and both sides, from American Legion Highway to Warren Street
• Dale Street, both sides, from Walnut Avenue to the driveways near and opposite #56 Dale Street and both sides, from Sherman Street to Warren Street
• Columbia Road, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue to Seaver Street
• Glenway Street, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue past Old Road to #11 Glenway Street
• Glenway Street School Yard, along the fence abutting Glenway Street facing vehicles in the lot, for EMS purposes.
• Martin Luther King Boulevard, both sides, from Warren Street to Washington Street
• Old Road, both sides, from Glenway Street to Columbia Road
• Seaver Street, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue to a point 300 feet westerly, at approximately #280
• Warren Street, both sides, from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Blue Hill Avenue
• Circuit Drive, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue to Morton Street
• Walnut Avenue, southeast (Franklin Park) side, from Seaver Street to Sigourney Street
• Sigourney Street, southeast (Franklin Park) side, from Walnut Avenue to Glen Road
Email Patrick D. Rosso, email@example.com. Follow him @PDRosso, or friend him on Facebook.