Norwood firefighters responded to an explosion at a home on Lane Drive Wednesday evening, the Fire Department reported Thursday. No injuries were reported, and the explosion did not cause a fire.
Around 5:19 p.m., a neighbor called the Fire Department after hearing an explosion from the single-family raised ranch-style home, department spokesman George Morrice said. When firefighters arrived, one man and three women -- occupants of the home -- were walking around the yard.
Morrice said firefighters found a 20-pound propane cylinder that had been leaking near an indoor gas fireplace that was being used at the time. Fire Captain Mark Boyland reported that he believed the fireplace ignited the leaking propane, causing the explosion, Morrice said.
The explosion blew out several windows and a sliding glass door and part of a soffit. As of Thursday, the four residents were still not allowed in the home and fire officials were continuing their investigation.
Natalie Feulner can be reached at email@example.com.