Starting this month, Natick residents who pass a CORI background check are invited to use the Natick High School indoor track on certain weekdays before and after school.
Residents are allowed to use the track during mornings, Monday through Friday from 6:05 a.m. to 7:45 a.m., and Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., except for Jan. 9.
Residents wishing to use the track must pass a CORI background check by completing and turning in a CORI form, along with a photo ID, to the high school's main office, or the human resources office on the third floor of Natick Town Hall. The background check is a standard practice for all employees and volunteers to ensure student safety, according to the school.
Walkers and runners must wear their school-issued pass visibly on a lanyard at all times when they are in the high school building or on campus grounds. Morning exercisers can park in spaces 41 through 57; all other spots are reserved for staff.
The must also adhere to the indoor track rules:
- Only Natick residents 18 or older - no baby carriages or young children
- Walkers are advised that surveillance cameras are in operation on the premises
- Sneakers or walking shoes only - no cleats allowed
- No food or drink other than water
- Restroom facilities are available in the first floor hallway near the building entrance
- Access to any other part of the building is prohibited; walkers may not use locker rooms
- Walking passes are not transferrable
- Evening walkers must enter through the front building door and check in with the fitness center supervisor to access the track
- Any school related activities have priority with respect to the use of the track
- Use of the indoor track is at your own risk
- There may be athletic activities/practices taking place on the court level
- There are no changing facilities
Access to the facility may be revoked if guidelines are not adhered to.
For more information, visit the Natick Public Schools website.
Jaclyn Reiss can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org