John Tlumacki/Globe staff
Natick town officials are seeking fundraising proposals from local nonprofit organizations and municipal departments for the 20 Boston Marathon runner permits the town receives from the race's organizers.
Town administrator Martha White said that the Boston Athletic Association usually provides communities along the race's route, including Natick, with 20 runner permits to distribute as they see fit.
In the past, the numbers were passed out to police and fire employees who wanted to run the race. However, this year marks the third where Natick officials give the numbers to runners who can raise a minimum of $4,000 for a local nonprofit or town department of the town's choice, White said.
"These are very coveted items," she said. "We're using them as a fundraising opportunity."
White said Natick's runner numbers are available on a first come, first served basis.
Interested nonprofits and town departments can submit their proposals to White either in person at Natick Town Hall, via mail addressed to Martha White at 13 East Central St., or via email to email@example.com.
The proposal must not exceed three pages and must include, at a minimum, the following information:
- Organization name, address, phone number, contact person and email address
- Nature of the organization, types of program(s) offered, target population, how long the organization has been in business, and the organization’s Federal Tax ID number
- A complete description of the types of program(s) or other activity that would be supported with these funds
- Identification of other sources of funds available in support of the organization
- Whether any prospective runners have agreed to sponsor the organization
- Whether the organization has previously been sponsored by a Boston Marathon runner
Nonprofit organizations must include a listing of all grants received in the most recently completed full fiscal year, endowments and/or trusts, and all other sources of operational and capital funds.
Municipal departments must include the department’s fiscal year 2013 operating budget, and a listing of all grants received in fiscal years 2012 and 2013, to date.
Funding information may be provided as an appendix to the proposal, and is not included in the three-page limitation.
White can be contacted at 508 647-6410 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this program.
Jaclyn Reiss can be reached at email@example.com