Framingham town officials are searching for a new full-time assistant town manager as the current position-holder, David Williams, leaves in February to become town administrator of Sherborn.
According to the Framingham job posting, the position would require assisting the town manager with a variety of town issues, including:
- planning and special projects
- supervising staff in purchasing, building services and media services departments
- performing some administrative and technical work
- representing the town manager in collective bargaining as assigned
- attending some nighttime meetings
- overseeing some grant applications.
The town requests that applicants have a bachelor's degree in public administration or another related field, and that master's degree holders will be preferred. They also suggest candidates have three to five years of similar experience, be comfortable supervising employees, and possess strong communication, teamwork, writing and computer skills.
The compensation ranges from $96,00 to $116,000. The work day is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 5 p.m., including night meetings.
Jaclyn Reiss can be reached at email@example.com