The Massachusetts School Building Authority will be reinstating funding for the troubled Concord-Carlisle High School building project, state Representative Cory Atkins announced Wednesday.
The state suspended $28.8 million worth of grant payments for the district’s $92.6 million high school project in June, saying that the project had ballooned over budget and scope.
At one point this past spring, the project was poised to run between $15 million and $17 million over its construction budget. School officials later said that costs had been reined in and it was back on track.
According to Atkins, State Treasurer Steve Grossman announced that funding had been reinstated during a meeting she convened, attended by MSBA staff, Concord and Carlisle officials, and several citizens who had done research on the project.
The restored funding will come with stipulations that the MSBA will formally present in a letter to the district in the next couple of weeks, Atkins said. The district will now be required to have a clear communication plan and to submit monthly progress reports to the MSBA that the public can access, she said.
“This is a significant victory for the community," Atkins said. "I want to thank the people of Concord and Carlisle for their support and commitment to this project.”