In preparation for a blizzard that is about to pound the North Shore and Boston area, the city of Beverly is issuing a snow emergency parking ban.
The ban will be in effect today (Fraiday) starting at 6 p.m. and will last 48 hours. The city is forbidding parking on any municipal streets and violators are subject to being ticketed and towed. Municipal lots are available for those who don’t have any other parking options, but meter fees must be paid during normal meter hours.
The municipal lots that are available during emergency parking bans are as follows:
• Municipal parking lot- Between Franklin Place and Washington Street
• Pond Street (behind Casa Da Moda)
• Pond Street (at American Legion/Spear Post)
• Congress Street and Summit Avenue (public lot)
• Chapman Street and Federal Street (behind Family Dollar)
Trash and recycling will be collected as scheduled on Friday. The city is also requesting that residents remove any basketball hoops from the street as, they could be destroyed by the equipment used for the storm.
Residents are encouraged to call the Department of Public Services with any questions or concerns: 978-921-6053.
Terri Ogan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.