Boston officials this week named 20 finalists in a holiday storefront decorating competition.
Chosen by local judges from a collection of more than 400 participating businesses, those festive storefronts are now vying for votes in the city’s third-annual annual, friendly “Deck the Windows” competition.
Public online voting to declare one city-wide winner will end on Tuesday, Dec. 18. The top three vote-getters, and an ultimate winner, will be announced on Thursday, Dec. 20.
Shortly after Thanksgiving each year, the contest asks local businesses in each of the city’s 20 Main Streets districts to decorate their storefronts – to help promote holiday spirit and spending.
“We’ve had a fantastic turnout of Main Streets businesses that decorated their windows in the spirit of the season this year,” said a statement from Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino. “Now I’m asking Bostonians to take stock of the very best and to vote on our website for their favorite display.”
Last week, local judges in each of the Boston Main Streets districts reviewed windows and submitted a winner.
The finalists are listed below. To see photos and vote, click here:
- Stingray Body Art - Allston Village Main Streets
- Ashley’s Breakfast Shop - Bowdoin/Geneva Main Streets
- Centre Pieces Design Flower Shop - Brighton Main Streets
- Juice Bar - Chinatown Main Street
- A Nubian Notion - Dudley Square Main Streets
- Topacio Restaurant - East Boston Main Streets
- Boston Express Multiservices - Egleston Square Main Street
- A Sweet Place - Fields Corner Main Street
- Reggae on the Grill - Four Corners Main Street
- Lulu's Barbershop and Salon - Greater Grove Hall Main Streets
- Sonia’s Bridal & Quinceañera - Hyde/Jackson Square Main Street
- Justine’s Dancewear - Hyde Park Main Streets
- Polka Dog Bakery - JP Centre/South Main Streets
- Innovative Fashions & Bridal - Mattapan Square Main Streets
- Penguin Pizza - Mission Hill Main Streets
- Sebastian’s Barber Shop - Roslindale Village Main Street
- Back to Life Chiropractic & Wellness - St. Mark’s Area Main Street
- A&M Bargain Store - Upham’s Corner Main Street
- Coco Baby - Washington Gateway Main Street
- Fabutique - West Roxbury Main Streets