Then and Now: Streets of Allston
This photograph of the intersection of Harvard and Brighton avenues in 1949 shows two prominent businesses.
The original Brighton Cooperative Bank (on the right) added a branch in Brighton Center before closing in 1976. Its former location is currently occupied by Tedeschi Food Shops.
Moskos Restaurant (to the left of the bank) was open until 1969. A more informal, cafeteria-style location of the restaurant was across the street. Still the home to an eating establishment, the space is now Tavern in the Square.