Apple salad with maple vinaigrette
Serves 4 DRESSING
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Salt, to taste
1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
1. In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup, lemon juice, mustard, and salt.
2. Gradually whisk in the grapeseed or canola oil until it is blended.
1/4 cup currants
4 large apples, cored (such as Mutsu)
1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
1 sprig fresh mint (for garnish)
1. In a bowl, combine the currants and enough hot water to cover them. Set aside for 5 minutes; drain.
2. Cut the apples into thin slices, then cut across into fine strips about the width of matchsticks.
3. In another bowl, combine apples, currants, and peanuts. Stir well. Sprinkle with enough dressing to coat the mixture lightly.
4. Arrange salad on each of 4 plates and garnish with mint. Adapted from Nudel