Historic downtown Plymouth walking tour
Boston.com Photo/Eric Wilbur
Overlooking Leyden Street, the First Parish Church has maintained a continuous ministry since 1620. According to the plaque at the church's base, "The Church of Scrobby Leyden and the Mayflower gathered on this hillside in 1620 has ever since preserved unbroken records." The present church building was erected in 1898, and is the fifth meeting house at this same location.