Lighthouses of New England
Photo courtesy of Alburgh Historical Society
Just 2 miles south of the Canadian border, the Windmill Point Light is the northernmost of the Lake Champlain lighthouses. It remained in service until 1931, when a steel tower was erected on the property. However, in 2002, a new solar powered beacon was installed in the old tower, which remains active today. The lighthouse is privately owned and is not open to the public.