Lighthouses of New England
Photo courtesy of the US Coast Guard
Built in 1899, the Plum Beach Light was deactivated in 1941 when the Jamestown Bridge was built. Over the years, it became dilapidated with neglect. However, in 1999, the Friends of Plum Beach Lighthouse took over ownership and restored the light, a process that was completed in 2003. Today, it is once again an active lighthouse.
* Not open to the public.