Marriott Rewards® and United MileagePlus members are about to benefit from even more perks. The two companies have joined forces to offer “RewardsPlus," which gives Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members MileagePlus Premier Silver status, and gives United Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it.
These new status offerings will be effective until Jan. 31, 2014.
The new combo program will also wrap in other features as well. Beginning in August, all MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards members will receive 20 percent more value when converting Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles and a 10 percent bonus for MileagePlus miles on Marriott Rewards travel packages.
Here's what the partnership means for United loyalty members* (Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold MileagePlus members):
- Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
- Room upgrades, based on availability
- Complimentary high-speed internet access at more than 3,700 hotels globally
- 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
- Priority late check-out
- Gold Elite customized offers and awards
- One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit which will also extend to United’s Premier Silver members
For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United will offer Premier Silver status, including:
- Complimentary access to Economy Plus seating at check-in, when available
- Complimentary Premier Upgrades on domestic flights, when available
- Premier Access travel services, which include designated ticket counter check-in lines, priority security lines and priority boarding and baggage handling
- One complimentary standard checked bag
- 25% Premier bonus award miles on United flights
The author is solely responsible for the content.