Planning summer travel with the kids? FamilyFun magazine has some great places for you to consider. The family-activity magazine recently announced its top destinations and attractions, as voted on by families. The list is featured in the magazine's April issue.
Top 10 Overall Favorite Family Destinations:
- Yellowstone National Park (WY, MT, ID)
- Acadia National Park (ME)
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park (NM)
- Grand Canyon National Park (AZ)
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial (SD)
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (MI)
- Yosemite National Park (CA)
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park (FL)
- Glacier National Park (MT)
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center/USS Arizona Memorial (HI)
Winners were also grouped into categories, making it easier for families to find exactly what they're looking for on vacation. The categories are: Tourist Attractions; Tourist Towns; Nature Escapes; Museums, Zoos & Aquariums; Amusement Parks; and Family Resorts.
The survey of the top family-friendly destinations included 2,000 parents with children 3 to 12, asking them to rate 360 popular destinations on a scale of 1-100 in four geographic regions– West, Midwest, South and Northeast. Respondents provided feedback solely on their regions and high marks were awarded for affordability, accessibility and fun factor.
Readers: What's your number one pick for the best family-friendly destination in Boston? Let us know in the comments below.
The author is solely responsible for the content.