What better way to warm up during the cold weather months than at your favorite spa. Most spas at luxury hotels are open to visitors and locals, so there's no reason why you shouldn't treat yourself to a little rest, relaxation and hydration at your favorite spa. Think of it as a mini-day break, and indulge!
Here in Boston, The Spa is Mandarin Oriental is offering a Rose Renewal experience (perfect as a Valentine's Day gift, and available through the end of February). The Forbes Five-Star spa has everything from crystal steam rooms to heated lounge chairs and one of my favorite relaxation rooms in the city. The Rose Renewal experience is $230 on weekdays and $250 on weekends, and includes a 1 hour 20 minute Rose Indulgence Body Wrap or Rose Massage with a revitalizing exfoliation.
If you're up for a spa escape, Conde Nast recently released its annual Spa Poll -- a ranking of the top spas around the world that from more than 46,000 readers. Below are the top 10 spas in the U.S.:
- MOHONK MOUNTAIN SPA, New Paltz, New York
- WALDORF ASTORIA, Chicago, Illinois
- MOKARA HOTEL SPA, San Antonio
- HOTEL VALENCIA SANTANA ROW, San Jose, California
- AUBERGE DU SOLEIL, Napa, California
- WHITE BARN INN & SPA, Kennebunkport, Maine
- VAIL CASCADE RESORT AND SPA, Vail, Colorado
- ASPIRA SPA AT OSTHOFF RESORT, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- SUNDARA INN & SPA, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- RESORT AT SQUAW CREEK, Lake Tahoe, California
Check out the full list of top spas from Conde Nast.
Readers: Where is your favorite spa? Share your most memorable spa experience in the comments.
The author is solely responsible for the content.