The 2012 awards were rated by a record 46,476 readers voting on hotels, resorts, and cruise lines around the world. In the Northeast region, 45 hotels were selected by Condé Nast Traveler readers in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington D.C.
Four-Star XV Beacon, a Boston boutique hotel in Beacon Hill, took the top spot for the Northeast region and placed 52 in the world. Mandarin Oriental Boston ranked number two for the Northeast, and Blantyre Resort in Lenox rounded out the top 10 for the region.
The top 10 hotels in the world, according to Conde Nast Traveler readers, are:
- Qualia, Hamilton Island, Great Barrier Reef
- Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives
- Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, Northland
- Hotel Caesar Augustus, Capri
- Palazzo Sasso, Ravello
- Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, Kurger National Park
- Peninsula House, Las Terrenas, Samana
- La Villa Gallici, Aix-en-Provence
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Perivolas, Santorini
To see the full list of the winners, read the Conde Nast Travelers Readers Choice Awards 2012.
Readers: Do you agree with the choices? What's your favorite hotel in the Northeast, or the world?
The author is solely responsible for the content.