The new hotel brand with a healthy promise will open in New York City in 2014. InterContinental Hotels Group announced its first EVEN Hotels property will be located at 219 E 44th Street in the heart of midtown Manhattan, and will be a flagship property for the brand.
EVEN Hotels made headlines back in February with IHG first announced the concept, which is designed around four priority issues -- exercise, eat, work and rest. All EVEN hotels will include:
- Guest rooms designed for in-room workouts and will include multi-functional room amenities such as a coat rack that doubles as a pull up bar.
- The fitness center will offer state-of-the-art equipment and group exercise activities, as well as a "Wellness Wall” for fitness options in walking distance, tips and equipment rental
- There will be on-site guest service to offer personalized advice on fitness options, ideas and/or instruction for workouts.
- The Marketplace will offer nutritionally designed menus with a particular focus on natural, fresh, fit and energizing meals, as well as free coffee and mini-smoothies in the morning.
- Guest rooms will be equipped with high speed Wi-Fi, multimedia ports, easy access to outlets, ample desk space, and there will be a "social space" in the bar and lobby.
- All guest rooms will offer hypoallergenic linens, powerful showerheads, natural lighting, LED dimmers and antibacterial wipes.
The New York City EVEN Hotel will be a new build scheduled to open in late 2014. The hotel will feature 23 guestroom floors and 230 guestrooms, dedicated meeting areas, and indoor and outdoor exercise and eating spaces for an impressive 87,000 square feet in total space.
"This is another important first for IHG. By developing our portfolio of preferred brands in line with emerging consumer preferences, we are meeting the needs of a new type of guest who's looking for hotels with an intrinsic focus on wellness in terms of food, work, exercise and rest" said Richard Solomons, chief executive officer of IHG in a press statement. "New York City is an ideal location, being one of the most health-minded cities in the U.S. - so it will provide the EVEN Hotels brand with the right exposure to its target guest, the healthier-minded traveler."
According to the hotel group, IHG expects to sign 100 EVEN Hotels in the U.S. in the next 5 years in key markets including New York, Washington D.C. and San Francisco.
Readers: Would you stay at a health-focused hotel?
The author is solely responsible for the content.