This weekend, New England Patriots fans (and the few New York Giants fans in the region) will be gearing up for the rematch of two of the greatest teams in NFL. If you didn't get tickets to the big game, or don't feel like hiking it out to Indianapolis to brave the crowds, it's time to plan your Sunday game strategy.
If the thought of making your own crock-pot of chili, basting your own wings or buying enough dip to feed the neighborhood seems overwhelming, you can relax. These Boston-area hotels and restaurants are hosting some Super Bowl parties for guests who want someone else to do the work while they watch the game.
Brasserie JO at The Colonnade Hotel is offering a special beer-paired menu available for $46.00 per couple (or two people) to signify Super Bowl 46. The menu includes:
- Shrimp cocktail paired with Allagash White- Portland, Maine Belgian Style Wheat Beer
- Frisee salad paired with Pretty Things Saint Boltoph?s Town-Massachusetts
- English Style Brown Ale
- Grilled Hanger Steak, Confit Twice Baked Potato paired with Ommegang?s Rare Vos-Cooperstown, NY, Belgian Style Dark Ale
- Warm Chocolate Torte, Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream paired with Lindemans?s Framboise-Vlezenbeek, Belgium Raspberry Blended Lambic Ale
The bar menu will feature snacks including hot wings, sliders, hot dogs, sloppy JOs, and nachos ranging from $10-$13.
The ArtBar at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge is offering their private dining room as a Super Bowl Party Lounge for the night with couches, big screen televisions and an additional bar.
The restaurant (which also features two big screens for the game) and lounge will offer several appetizer specials including:
- Chipotle Glazed Chicken Wings with House Ranch Dip, Celery and Carrot Sticks $12
- 3 Cheese Crab and Artichoke Dip with Fresh Tortilla Chips $11
- North Country Sausage and Peppers with Caramelized Onions, Roasted Peppers, French Baguette $12
- Twelve Hour Chili Nachos with Diced Onions, Monterey Jack Cheese, Sour Cream and "Gronk" amamole $11
To keep the football fever alive, ArtBar has also created classic cocktails for both teams:
- New York Giants - Manhattan - Hudson Rye, Sweet Vermouth and Bitters
- New England Patriots - Boston's own Ward 8 - Old Overholt Rye, House Grenadine, Fresh Lemon & Orange
The Charles Hotel & Corbu Spa: Corbu Spa is getting into the game by providing a little "Football Fever" escape. The package includes a Kickoff Pedicure and a Halftime Massage for $165. The 100 minute session is available through Feb. 5.
Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro: The Anti Super Bowl Stay at the hotel includes a one night stay and breakfast for two the morning after the big game for $199 through Feb. 5. Enjoy dinner and drinks at the Beacon Hill Bistro, and if you get the urge to watch the game you can always retreat to your room.
The author is solely responsible for the content.