The first ever New York City "Hotel Week" happens Jan. 6 - Jan. 15, 2012, and the room rates will send you running for the Big Apple. USA Today's Hotel Check-In reports that rooms will start at just $100 a night, and can be found from Long Island City to Times Square.
The new "Hotel Week" has been fashioned from the uber-successful Restaurant Week concept. Hotel publicity firm Nancy J. Friedman Public Relations came up with the "Hotel Week" idea and told USA Today that eight NYC hotels are currently part of the project.
The hotels participating will block out rooms for $100, $200 or $250, depending on the property (the closer you get to the city, the more expensive the rooms).
Here are the hotels participating in the Hotel Week promo (be sure to mention "Hotel Week" when you book):
- The Pod Hotel: $100 a night
- Z NYC Hotel: $100 a night
- The Hotel @ Times Square: $100 a night
- nyma, the new york manhattan hotel: $100 a night
- Andaz Wall Street: $200 a night
- Hyatt 48 Lex: $200 a night
- Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC: $250 a night
- Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC : $250 a night
For full details on NYC Hotel Week, including fine print, read the report at USA Today.
Readers: Will you take advantage of this? What other cities should host a "Hotel Week"?
The author is solely responsible for the content.