AdventureWomen launches new site
AdventureWomen, an adventure travel outfitter for women over 30 that was created in 1982, has launched a new online site for women showcasing the company’s women’s-only travel experiences, women’s travel trends, stories, travel facts and tips, trip reviews, recipes and more. Susan L. Eckert, founder and president, said the site now has new features and functions and a “Ciao Bella” blog. The maps make it easy to browse worldwide destinations, she said, and the “Tales from the Fields” component recounts women’s stories about memorable moments and milestones from past adventures. The new “Did You Know?” part of the “Ciao Bella” blog lays out faces about destinations, wildlife, cultural and culinary experiences, with additional research about recent travel trends and benefits of active travel. Last year AdventureWomen earned National Geographic Traveler’s “50 Tours of a Lifetime Award.”
For information, visit www.adventurewomen.com
- Anne Fitzgerald, Globe Travel Editor
- Paul Makishima, Globe Assistant Sunday Editor
- Eric Wilbur, Boston.com staff
- Kari Bodnarchuk writes about outdoor adventures, offbeat places, and New England.
- Patricia Borns, a frequent contributor to Globe Travel, writes and photographs travel, maritime, and historical narratives as well as blogs and books.
- Patricia Harris, a regular contributor to Globe Travel, is author or co-author of more than 20 books on travel, food, and popular culture.
- Paul E. Kandarian, a frequent contributor to Globe Travel, writes and photographs New England and Caribbean stories.
- Chris Klein is a regular contributor to Globe Travel. His latest book is "The Die-Hard Sports Fan's Guide to Boston."
- David Lyon, a regular contributor to Globe Travel, is author or co-author of more than 20 books on travel, food, and popular culture.
- Hilary Nangle, author of Moon Maine, Moon Coastal Maine, and Moon Acadia National Park, writes about soft adventure, skiing, cultural travel, and food.
- Joe Ray, a frequent contributor to Globe Travel, writes and photographs food and travel stories from Europe.
- Necee Regis is a regular contributor to Globe Travel.