Looking for a getaway with the kids close to home during the February school vacation? The Hotel Commonwealth will be hosting its third annual Bedtime Stories storytelling and pajama party for families from 7-8:30 PM on the evenings of Feb. 24 and Feb. 25.
Kids are encouraged to wear their PJs while listening to professional performers and storytellers from ReadBoston. After hearing some of their favorite tales, kids can head to the make-your-own hot chocolate bar that features various types of hot cocoa and toppings. The suggested donation for the event is $10 per family. The hotel will match each donation, with all proceeds going to ReadBoston.
If you want to make a night of it, the Hotel Commonwealth is offering a “Hotel for Kids” overnight package on either Feb. 24, 2012, or Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012, at a special rate of $219. Included in the package is a special morning kids’ pancake-making class with Executive Chef Jeremy Sewall of Eastern Standard Kitchen & Drinks and Island Creek Oyster Bar.
The Hotel for Kids package includes:
• Deluxe family accommodations (up to two adults and two children; additional children can be accommodated for $49/child) in a Commonwealth Suite (more than 500-square feet of space, including a separate area with pull-out sofa bed that can be closed off with drapes)
• Welcome backpack for kids stuffed with slippers from LL Bean, a custom bedtime story featuring the hotel’s signature Terry bear and a flashlight
• Board game and family-friendly DVD selection (delivered to each room with complimentary popcorn)
• Homemade cookies and milk upon arrival
• Complimentary valet parking
• Access to the hotel’s Family Concierge to help with planning family-friendly activities around Boston
• Families can extend through the weekend at a special rate of $169/each additional night.
After February 25, 2012, the Hotel for Kids package starts at $289 per night and is available through March 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.hotelcommonwealth.com or call 617-532-5019.