Nashua's Art Walk this weekend
One of my favorite small towns of New Hampshire is Nashua. And it's annual autumnal Art Walk is an essential experience to taste the flavors of this burg. The cooler temps invite us to walk around our downtowns, exploring the many locally-owned, creative, and unique businesses. This year's Art Walk will take place Saturday, Oct. 3 and Sunday, Oct. 4, at venues throughout the city.
Visit the abundant galleries, working studios and shops in the downtown area and adjacent Millyard district including the Nashua Historical Society, Hunt Memorial Building, Public Library, the Picker Building (99 Factory Street) and Gallery One. Downtown Nashua is also home to many of my favorite eating establishments, so forget the picnic this weekend and plan to have lunch, brunch, dinner or all three at one of downtown's renowned restaurants.
- Anne Fitzgerald, Globe Travel Editor
- Paul Makishima, Globe Assistant Sunday Editor
- Eric Wilbur, Boston.com staff
- Kari Bodnarchuk writes about outdoor adventures, offbeat places, and New England.
- Patricia Borns, a frequent contributor to Globe Travel, writes and photographs travel, maritime, and historical narratives as well as blogs and books.
- Patricia Harris, a regular contributor to Globe Travel, is author or co-author of more than 20 books on travel, food, and popular culture.
- Paul E. Kandarian, a frequent contributor to Globe Travel, writes and photographs New England and Caribbean stories.
- Chris Klein is a regular contributor to Globe Travel. His latest book is "The Die-Hard Sports Fan's Guide to Boston."
- David Lyon, a regular contributor to Globe Travel, is author or co-author of more than 20 books on travel, food, and popular culture.
- Hilary Nangle, author of Moon Maine, Moon Coastal Maine, and Moon Acadia National Park, writes about soft adventure, skiing, cultural travel, and food.
- Joe Ray, a frequent contributor to Globe Travel, writes and photographs food and travel stories from Europe.
- Necee Regis is a regular contributor to Globe Travel.