Proscuitto- and basil-wrapped tuna steaks with grilled corn and Anaheim chile puree— Brian Poe, Poe's Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
1. In a bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, coriander, and pepper.
2. Set aside.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ears fresh corn, kennels removed
- 3 cups water
- 2 Anaheim chiles, chopped with seeds
- 1 jalapeno pepper, skin only
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream - Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil and cook the corn kernels for 1 minute. Add water, chilies, shallot, and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. In a blender, puree the mixture into a sauce. Add the cream, salt, and pepper. Return to the saucepan and let the mixture bubble steadily until reduced by a third.
- 14 slices of prosciutto
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 6 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Light a charcoal fire or gas grill.
2. On a cutting board, lay out 6 pieces of prosciutto, then crisscross the other pieces of prosciutto over them to form 6 crosses. Place 2 leaves of basil in the center of each x.
3.Sprinkle the tuna with some of the seasoning. Place a piece of tuna in the center of each x. Wrap the prosciutto around the tuna and secure with toothpicks.
4. Brush the prosciutto with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Quickly grill the packets for 5 minutes on a side or unti the tuna is cooked through. Serve with the corn sauce.