Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff December 27, 2009 02:07 PM
SUNRISE, Fla. -- Good afternoon from the BankAtlantic Center in sunny South Florida, where the Bruins will face off against the Panthers today at 5 p.m. Not exactly hockey weather down here. So hot that my early afternoon coffee break had to be interrupted because of the heat. Yes, I hear the violins in the background...
- Milan Lucic is with the team on the road trip. But Lucic has yet to be activated from injured reserve, indicating that he will not dress in either game. This is the first time Lucic has traveled with his teammates since spraining his ankle against Minnesota last month.
- Because there was no morning skate, we'll wait until pregame warmups to see what today's lineup will look like.
- David Booth remains on injured reserve since being KO'd by the Flyers' Mike Richards Oct. 24. Because of the injury, it's doubtful Booth will be named to Team USA's Olympic roster.
- The Panthers have the 21st-ranked penalty kill in the league (79.2 percent). However, they have scored five shorthanded goals, third-most in the NHL.
- Rob Martell and Dan O'Rourke will be the referees. Jonny Murray and Pierre Racicot will be the linesmen.
tags Milan Lucic