OTTAWA -- Good morning from Canada's capital, where the Bruins are looking to close out their four-game season-opening road trip with at least one point. Tonight will be the first time this season the Bruins will not participate in a home opener.
Some early notes from Scotiabank Place:
* Daniel Alfredsson returned to the Ottawa lineup for last night's 6-3 win over Phoenix. Alfredsson, who underwent knee surgery last week, looked fine while playing with usual linemates Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley. Alfredsson missed only one game because of the procedure.
* Marc Savard and Michael Ryder have scored at least one point in each of the three games this year.
* The Senators have killed off all 12 opposing power plays at home. Meanwhile, the Bruins have the 29th-ranked PK in the league.
* No word yet on whether we'll see old friend Alex Auld tonight. The Senators scored a 3-1 win in Auld's Ottawa debut. Auld has won the first game with each team he's played for: Vancouver, Florida, Phoenix, Boston, and Ottawa. The only other goalies to win their first game for five different NHL teams were Lorne Chabot and Phil Myre.
* Tonight's referees will be Kerry Fraser and Stephane Auger. Linesmen will be Greg Devorski and David Brisebois.