MONTREAL -- Hannu Toivonen will start tonight against Jaroslav Halak, two netminders who have played a total of 30 NHL games this season.
"There's no pressure for me," said Toivonen, who will most likely start again on Thursday against Buffalo. "I'm just going to go out, have fun, and enjoy the moment."
* Andrew Ference (bruised hand) will play tonight. Ference didn't play on Sunday and didn't practice yesterday, but was feeling better today and participated in the morning skate. Jason York will be the healthy scratch.
* Dave Lewis had an interesting approach for Andrew Alberts yesterday: Imagine being in a rocking chair. "Just reading and letting things come to you," said Lewis, explaining that Alberts sometimes takes himself out of position by being too aggressive. "Once he understands that concept, I think he'll be a lot better."
* Both clubs are carrying three goalies. Cristobal Huet, who's been cleared to play, will back up Halak. Two visits ago to the Bell Centre, the Bruins only had Toivonen available for the morning skate because Tim Thomas was sick. The coaching staff fitted a Shooter Tutor on the empty net.
* Brandon Bochenski turns 25 tomorrow.
* Petr Kalus will take a 3-for-3 shooting percentage into tonight's game. Kalus is only the third NHLer to score on each of his first three shots in the last 20 years. Pittsburgh's Rob Brown (1987) and San Jose's Jan Caloun (1996) are the others.
* Tonight's expected lineup: