In honor of our debut, the Red Sox, Boston College and the Patriots have all coincidentally decided to come to Florida this weekend. With the 10th anniversary of 9/11 on everyone's mind, let's hope they can give us a reason to smile.
Family matters and other business brought me back to Boston just in time to almost miss it (great dinner in North End last night, by the way). Hope to be back on the couch in time to catch most of the action. Who knows, a not-so-quick trip to the Trop might be in order? Check out our quick video preview above.
- The Red Sox hobbled into St. Pete after their latest debacle Thursday in Toronto. Andrew Miller may have 2 "Ls" in his last name, but he's good for another each time he takes the mound these days.
- The Rays are a mere 6 1/2 games behind the Red Sox in the wild-card chase (Objects in your rear-view mirror are closer than they appear.) Surprise, this weekend's 3-game series at the Trop could actually mean something when it comes to the Red Sox locking up a playoff berth. A sweep in either direction could be crucial.
- Speaking of playoffs, Dan Shaughnessy's prediction that the Pats would go 16-0 and then lose in the 1st round of the playoffs reminds us that it has been 1,328 days since the Patriots last won a playoff game (Jan. 20, 2008). A running tally may be in order. That tactic eventually worked for Sports Sunday with Michael Felger on the Bruins after their chokeapalooza to Philly. Hopefully it will work here, too.
- Did you get your Bruins tickets yet? Wonder if there's any seats left for that Nov. 17th tilt against Columbus?
- The feel-good story of this otherwise somber weekend is the effort to honor Boston College grad and 9/11 hero Welles Crowther. BC is adding stickers to its helmets and some UCF students began a movement that should result in thousands of fans wearing and waving red bandanas in his memory.
Time for your vote: Let your voice be heard. The debate rages on who hae earned our first annual "Negative 10th Player Award?" J.D. Drew? Carl Crawford? Dice-K? John Lackey? Theo? Post your responses here, on our Obnoxious Boston Fan Facebook page or e-mail them to me at email@example.com. And don't forget to follow us on twitter @realOBF.
Thanks for reading. Pass the clicker.
The author is solely responsible for the content.