PHILADELPHIA - Indianapolis Colts star receiver Marvin Harrison was interviewed by police about a shooting near his North Philadelphia car wash this week.
Lieutenant Frank Vanore said the investigation of Tuesday's shooting was continuing. Harrison has not been arrested or charged.
"He was interviewed," Vanore said yesterday. "Why he was interviewed, that is all part of the investigation. No one is a suspect."
Vanore told WCAU-TV the shooting occurred near 25th and Thompson streets, near a car wash owned by Harrison and about a half-mile from a bar also owned by Harrison.
Varone also said a child was hit in the eyes by broken glass, but was treated and released from a hospital.
Harrison, a prep football star at Philadelphia's Roman Catholic High, has owned Playmakers since July 2004, according to state records.
Harrison's agent, Tom Condon, denied the player was involved in the shooting.
"I've spoken with Marvin and I've spoken with his attorney, and they say the reports are erroneous," Condon told ESPN. "Marvin was not involved in any shooting, and he is not the subject of this investigation."
It was business as usual last night at the bar, located in the middle of the block in a neighborhood of rowhouses. Through two large picture windows, a handful of patrons could be seen sitting at the bar, and others were playing pool amid framed pro football jerseys on the walls.
After the first day of rookie minicamp, Colts coach Tony Dungy said he knew little more than had been reported.
"My phone has been ringing, too, but I don't have any details," Dungy said. "I really don't have any more information than you do."
Colts team president Bill Polian said in a statement the team would withhold comment until it got more information.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is aware of the report and is looking into it.
Harrison, 35, has played his entire 12-season career with the Colts and is the franchise's record-holder in every major receiving category. But after eight consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, last season was the most frustrating of Harrison's career.
He injured his left knee against Denver Sept. 30, finished with 20 receptions for 247 yards and one TD, and missed all but five games.
Team president Bill Polian said in February that Harrison was recovering from offseason arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and had been rehabilitating an inflamed capsule in his left knee. He was not expected to be completely healthy for the start of the training camp July 24.
The typically quiet Harrison has a reputation for being humble.
Harrison was sued following the 2005 Pro Bowl when three boys accused him of attacking them when they tried to get his autograph. The suit alleged Harrison "violently and physically attacked" the minors, including placing a "potentially deadly choke hold" on one of the boys, but it was later dismissed.