< Back to front page Text size – +
Southie-Eastie to be televised live on Thanksgiving
Posted by Zuri Berry, Boston.com Staff November 21, 2012 01:33 PM
The South Boston and East Boston Thanksgiving Day game will be televised live in the city, according to the mayor's office.
The traditional Thanksgiving rivalry will be taking place at 9:30 a.m. at White Stadium and will be broadcast on Boston City TV (Comcast Ch. 24, RCN Ch. 13) as Mayor Thomas M. Menino's "Game of the Week."
The game will also be streamed on the City of Boston's website, http://www.cityofboston.gov/cable/live.asp.
About Boston Public Schools Sports BlogMore »
Several reporters, editors and correspondents contribute updates, news and features to the BPS Sports Blog:
- Justin A. Rice -- A metro Detroit native, Rice is a Michigan State University (Go Spartans!) and Northeastern University graduate. Rice lives in the South End with his dog and wife, who unfortunately attended the University of Michigan ... his wife, that is. He curates the BPS Sports Blog and is always looking to write about city athletes with great stories. Have an idea? He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeJustinRice or @BPSspts.
- Ryan Butler -- A Rhode Island native and avid Boston sports fan, Butler played basketball, baseball and football throughout his time in Barrington Public Schools. Now currently in his middler year at Northeastern University, he joins Boston.com as a correspondent for the site's BPS coverage. Have a story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on his Twitter @butler_globe.
H.S. Sports Twitter
- Waiting for Twitter...
Recent blog posts
- BPS Sports blog bids adieu
- Dorchester wrestling program gets varsity status for this winter
- Boston English celebrates its Thanksgiving victory in style
- Sport in Society continues seminars for sports-based nonprofit youth development nonprofits
- After announcing retirement, Robinson returns to coach Boston English hoops