HOW TO POST YOUR PHOTOS
Help us report on Greater Boston's first major snowstorm of the season - especially the snow depths in each town -- by posting your photos and snow depth information from your house or place of work.
1. Click the Contribute to this map link above the map. (If you have a popup blocker, hold down the Control key while you click.)
2. Enter the street address where you took the photo, including the city/town and state, or click on the map where you'd like to locate the photo.
3. Fill in your name and e-mail address. Your name will show up on the map, but not your e-mail.
4. Add a title for your photo, like "Snowed under in Andover".
5. Click the "Upload image" link. Browse for the photo on your computer, and upload it.
6. In the "Body" section, under all the computer code for the photo, add information - who and what is pictured, how deep is the snow, etc.
7. Click Save and you're done. We'll review your submission and post it as quickly as we can.
To navigate the map: Zoom in and out using the + and - scale, or move it around by clicking and dragging with your cursor or using the arrows in the upper left.
Check back early and often to see how the snow is falling elsewhere in New England.
Please let us know what you think about our new maps.