Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, who has not played this season after undergoing knee surgery in the offseason, was assigned to the NBA Development League for a practice this afternoon. His career with the Maine Red Claws didn't last very long.
In a shocking move, the #celtics recall Rajon Rondo from NBADL Maine, he was a Red Claw for two hours— gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) January 15, 2014
So, what did Rondo do for those two hours as a member of the D-League? We have some guesses...
- Invented 10 new tip-off tricks.
- Ate three red claw lobsters with his giant hands.
- Helped out Maine's offense using a complicated set of derivatives and integrals.
Teaching freshman algebra with Ms. Oshodi at Burke high school this AM. Thx for having me pic.twitter.com/vNbD0Z3X— Rajon Rondo (@RajonRondo) November 6, 2012
- Dropped eight assists, all on roller skates.
- Upgraded the team's uniforms to include lots and lots of cardigans.
....or maybe he just joined the team for a quick practice before coming back to Boston.
Rondo practiced today with the Red Claws at the #celtics practice facility in Waltham— gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) January 15, 2014
Rondo has hinted that he could make his return this Friday against the Lakers. It can't come quickly enough.