Good morning, Boston.
The playoffs are here and the Red Sox take on Tampa Bay at 3:07 p.m. Boston.com will have scores and live blog updates throughout the game.
Here's what else you need to know this morning:
Red Sox: Game starts at 3:07 p.m. Watch it on TBS, or on the radio at WEEI 93.7, ESPN Radio, WUFC 1510.
Today: Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers this afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s.
Tonight... Cloudy. A chance of showers in the evening. Lows in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s.
Check out our current traffic report.
What’s in the news?
- A Lawrence cyclist seriously injured in last weekend's New York highway confrontation between bikers and an SUV was riding in spite of a revoked license. New York authorities say Edwin Mieses Jr. hasn't had a valid license in Massachusetts since 1999 and never applied for a motorcycle license.
- A Sudbury man has been indicted on attempted murder and other charges in the death of Stephen Rakes, who died in July just after being told he wouldn't be testifying in the James "Whitey" Bulger trial. Prosecutors say William Camuti owed Rakes money and poisoned his iced coffee.
- State Senate Republicans are pushing for tougher penalties against animal abusers, quadrupling fines for animal cruelty charges. Lawmakers say the move follows last month's discovery of a tortured dog in Quincy that had to be euthanized.
- Former Boston FBI office head Kenneth Kaiser has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor ethics charge for having contact with bureau personnel too soon after his 2009 retirement. Prosecutors say Kaiser had contact with agents investigating a private firm he was working for.
Events for today:
- The third annual White Coat Affairs takes place tonight at the Copley Plaza Hotel. The ticket price includes cocktails, dinner and program, followed by music and dancing. Proceeds benefit the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI) 6 p.m.
- Unwind after work at First Fridays at the Bristol Lounge, at the Four Seasons Hotel. Tonight's featured bubbly is Canard-Duchene Champagne. Gourmet nibbles from the Briston kitchen included. 5-7 p.m.
- Comedian Ralphie May plays two shows tonight at the Wilbur Theare. 7:30 and 10 p.m.
Check out these live events on Boston.com today