RadioBDC Logo
| Listen Live
< Back to front page Text size +

Boston Today: The end of the Red Sox regular season at Fenway is upon us

Posted by Ronald J Agrella, Editor  September 20, 2013 04:15 AM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Good morning, Boston.

Here's what you need to know this morning:

Red Sox: The final regular-season series at Fenway Park brings the Toronto Blue Jays to town. First pitch at 7:10 p.m. (NESN)

High school football: Week 3 kicks off with a full slate of games. Follow the action in our live blog, which has been optimized for the app and our mobile site so you can get scoring updates on the go.


Today: Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Tonight... Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s.

Weekend outlook: Saturday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. At night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 60s. Sunday, showers likely with highs in the lower 70s and a 60 percent chance of rain.

Get the latest forecast here


Check out our current traffic report.

What’s in the news?

- State gambling regulators will consider pushing back a deadline for casino applicants to strike deals with communities on proposed gaming sites. The move comes after the state Gaming Commission was told there still so far are no such deals in place, with key deadlines approaching.

- Boston officials are weighing exactly who will get to vote on a proposal for a resort casino at Suffolk Downs. Mayor Thomas Menino wants only those living near the track to vote on the issue but some city council members want a citywide referendum. A hearing will be held today with a decision expected next week.

- Senator Elizabeth Warren is voicing concern about new federal flood insurance maps that have put many people in Massachusetts and other states into flood zones for the first time. As a result, Warren says families are having to suddenly pay out thousands in premiums.

- A Connecticut friend of Aaron Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to accessory charges connected to June's killing of Odin Lloyd. Ernest Wallace was allegedly with the former Patriots player when Lloyd was shot.

- An autopsy is expected today on a man's body found in the Taunton River late yesterday near the city's power plant. Joseph Ferreira of Taunton was found by boaters on the river.

Events for today:

- See an artist's replica of the wedding gown Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy wore when she married John F. Kennedy in Newport 60 years ago. On view until Nov. 3 at the JFK Library and Museum.

- Bid on a date with a firefighter, a police officer, and other professional men and women at a Charity Date Auction to benefit Project Smile. 6:30 p.m.

- An art show benefit for the Richard Family Fund, victims of the Boston Marathon bombings, takes place tonight at the Boston Winery in Dorchester. The event features wine tastings, food by Venezia Restaurant and music. 7 p.m.

See our picks for best weekend events around Greater Boston here.

Check out these live events on today

- Noon: Talk movies with critic Ty Burr
- 2:30 p.m.: Talk sports with Chad Finn

About The Source

The Source is your destination for must-read news. Compiled by staff, it offers compelling stories, photos, videos, and links from Boston and around the globe. The latest story making headlines? That viral video you heard about? The stunning picture you'll forward to your friends? They're all here.

Submit to The Source

Have a link you want to share? Use the form below to send it to us for consideration.
120 characters left

Thanks for your submission!