Good morning, Boston.
Here's what you need to know this morning:
Red Sox: Red Sox: It's Game 2 vs. the Orioles as the Red Sox inch closer to officially clinching their playoff spot. Game time is 7:10 p.m. (NESN)
Patriots: After an early season break due to a scheduling quirk, practice resumes as the Patriots begin preparing to face the Buccaneers on Sunday. Watch for updates from Foxborough, plus Zuri Berry's midweek report, in Extra Points blog.
Today: Sunny. Not as cool with highs in the lower 70s.
Tonight... Clear. Lows in the lower 50s.
Check out our current traffic report.
What’s in the news?
- A fire near fuel pumps at Boston Logan International Airport has sent thick, black smoke into the air but has been quickly contained and has caused no injuries. Massport says it temporarily suspended use of the airport's underground fuel system as a precaution and some flights were delayed.
- Republican gubernatorial hopeful Charlie Baker is planning to make his first campaign stop since announcing his candidacy two weeks ago. Baker says he will tour UMass-Lowell’s Emerging Technologies and Innovation Center on Wednesday morning. Baker’s decision to hit the campaign trail follows Attorney General Martha Coakley’s announcement on Monday that she’s also launching a campaign for governor.
- US Sen. Edward Markey is set to deliver his first speech in the Senate after winning the state’s special election. Markey’s office says his Wednesday morning speech will focus on Massachusetts’ economy, policies to create jobs in the commonwealth and across the nation, and other legislative priorities. Markey was elected June 25 and sworn into the Senate July 16 to fill the seat left vacant by the resignation of John Kerry to become secretary of state. Markey served 37 years in the House.
Events for today:
- Soprano great Sarah Brightman performs at the Boston Opera House tonight at 8 p.m.
- Looking for a new job? Head over to the MassChallenge Internship and Hiring Fair at the MassChallenge Headquarters on Marina Park Drive. 6-8 p.m.
- Award-winning singer/trombonist Aubrey Logan takes the stage at Scullers Jazz Club in Cambridge tonight.
Check out these live events on Boston.com today
- Noon: Chat with New England Revolution president Brian Bilello
- Noon: Job Doc chat Wednesday with Judy Shen-Filerman
- Noon: Boston Sports Live with Chris Gasper
- 1 p.m.: Talk relationships with Love Letters author Meredith Goldstein
- 2 p.m.: Bruins talk on RadioBDC