RadioBDC Logo
| Listen Live
< Back to front page Text size +

Boy dies in Boston from carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted by David Stewart  February 9, 2013 01:34 PM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

One person died in the storm, a boy who got into a running car at midday today in Boston to warm up after shoveling snow and succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Boston Fire Department said today that the boy of about 11 was on Nazing Street, near Franklin Park, when he got into a small four-door sedan to get warm after shoveling the walkway and car at about 11:40 a.m.

According to updates from the Boston Fire Department on Twitter, the boy and his father were shoveling snow off a walkway at 3 Nazing St. when the boy got cold. The two went into a car to stay warm with the engine running.

Rescuers took him to Boston Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Other than that incident, there were no major injuries or deaths due to the storm, officials said.

About The Source

The Source is your destination for must-read news. Compiled by staff, it offers compelling stories, photos, videos, and links from Boston and around the globe. The latest story making headlines? That viral video you heard about? The stunning picture you'll forward to your friends? They're all here.

Submit to The Source

Have a link you want to share? Use the form below to send it to us for consideration.
120 characters left

Thanks for your submission!