Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conleycq launched another barrage of television advertisements Tuesday in his bid for mayor, touting what his campaign has described as a comprehensive jobs plan.
Conley began airing four new 15-second spots highlighting elements of the plan: building state-of-the-art technical high schools, creating an innovation fund to help start-up companies, and expanding an ordinance requiring that construction jobs go to Boston residents.
“All the candidates talk about jobs,” an announcer says over upbeat music driven by cellos. “The difference? Dan Conley has a ‘Better Jobs Now Plan.’ It creates jobs and real opportunity for all of Boston.”
The short spots will run in concert with a 60-second biographical ad on network-affiliated stations and on cable channels. Conley began the campaign with twice as much money as any other candidate and is making use of his financial advantage as the race enters the final stretch to the Sept. 24 preliminary election.
Conley bought at least $141,000 worth of television time this week on two network affiliates, according to documents filed with the Federal Communications Commission. Records with the state Office of Campaign and Political Finance show that through the end of August, Conley had spent at least $270,000 on media.
The campaign declined to discuss the spending or confirm dollar figures. Conley was one of the first candidates to release a television ad, starting his blitz in July. The campaign has aired 10 distinct spots so far, including the four new segments on jobs.
“Dan has a jobs plans for Boston that isn’t just scribbled on the back top of cocktail napkins,” said Conley’s spokesman, Michael Sherry. “It’s a real, thoughtful, in-depth plan.”