Sanctions against Penn State
NCAA president Mark Emmert announced on the "corrective and punitive" sanctions for the Penn State football program on July 23. They are as follows:
1. Penn State will be fined $60 million, with the funds to be used to supply an endowment that serves the victims of child abuse and to prevent future occurrences.
2. Penn State will be banned from bowl games or postseason play for four years.
3. Football scholarships reduced from 25 to 15 for four years.
4. All wins from 1998 to 2011 are vacated.
5. Penn State will serve a five-year probationary period.
6. The NCAA will initiate an investigation on individuals involved in this case.