RadioBDC Logo
Up All Night | Beck Listen Live

8 in hospital after power outages

By Deborah Kotz
Globe Staff / November 1, 2011

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Text size +

Eight people were treated for accidental carbon monoxide poisoning at a Boston hospital after using a generator and a grill indoors during power outages caused by this weekend’s storm. All eight - including a family of four - were seen in the emergency room of Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary since early Sunday, and four required treatment in the hospital’s hyperbaric chamber, in which patients breathe pure oxygen at high pressure. The hospital has the region’s only such chamber available for emergencies.

For more from, sign up or log in below

To continue, please sign up or log in to

Access the full articles and quality reporting of The Boston Globe at

Sign up

Unlimited Access to for 4 weeks for only 99¢.

Are you a Boston Globe home delivery subscriber?

Get FREE access as part of your print subscription. subscriber

Click to continue reading this article or to log in to