QUINCY, Mass.—Scores of apartment residents in Quincy have been displaced by a fire that officials say was caused by a resident illegally grilling on her patio.
The fire began at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday and firefighters continued to pour water on the building early Sunday morning.
One Quincy firefighter was transported to a hospital after being hurt falling down a rocky cliff while fighting the fire from outside the building. No residents were injured.
The firefighters had trouble locating fire hydrants, hampering their efforts.
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.boston.com/globe