THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING
Algae that can be harmful to people and animals are shown on a section of the Charles River near the Museum of Science.

Toxic algae levels feared in lower Charles River

Officials warn against contact

By Beth Daley
Globe Staff / August 16, 2006

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Text size +

Explosive growth of algae that can be highly toxic to humans and animals has streaked the Charles River with fluorescent green filaments, prompting state health and environmental officials to warn boaters and dog owners to avoid any water contact from the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge to the Museum of Science. (Full article: 936 words)

This article is available in our archives:

Globe Subscribers

FREE for subscribers

Subscribers to the Boston Globe get unlimited access to our archives.

Not a subscriber?

Non-Subscribers

Purchase an electronic copy of the full article. Learn More

  • $9.95 1 month archives pass
  • $24.95 3 months archives pass
  • $74.95 1 year archives pass

Connect with Boston.com

Twitter Follow us on @BostonUpdate, other Twitter accounts