Reading elementary school evacuated due to carbon monoxide concerns

Students of Barrows Elementary School in Reading are being evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected there around 11:30 a.m. today, police said.

Police and fire officials there are currently helping to evacuate the students to the nearby Austin Preparatory School to be picked up by their parents, Lieutenant David Stamatis said.

No further information was immediately available.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below