This is a summary. To read the whole story subscribe to BostonGlobe.com
An accidental grill fire caused extensive damage to a home on Norfolk Road, but did not injure the four residents there. Fire Department Lieutenant J. Edward Bulger said that on Oct. 16, the department received a 911 call at 4:30 p.m. reporting a fire at the house. On arrival, firefighters found the back wall of an attached one-car garage and a deck fully engulfed in flames. While firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, the home and its contents suffered $100,000 in damage, mostly from smoke, Bulger said. Firefighters believe the accident was caused by a gas grill on the garage’s deck. The incident was the first grill fire this year in Braintree, Bulger said, and came after the summer grilling season, when such fires are more common.