Isabella O’Connor , Notre Dame (Hingham): It might be easy get overshadowed on a team with four Division 1 recruits, but last week, the Plymouth resident was at the head of the class. She had four goals and an assist vs. Bishop Fenwick (18-4 win) and five goals vs. Ursuline (20-5 win); she’s on her way to matching the 52-goal, 16-assist totals from her 2012 sophomore season.
Cole Kissick , Cohasset: The Sailors came away with two wins in three tries last week, thanks in large part to the speedy sophomore. He put up identical four-goal, two-assist efforts in triumphs over Abington (17-9) on Wednesday and Tantasqua (10-5) on Saturday.
Dave Mavilia , Scituate: While All-American Tucker Ciessau received all the attention for netting his 300th career point, the senior defender quietly contributed in a big way to a pair of Sailor wins: He followed up his two goals in a season-opening 13-8 win vs. Norwood Tuesday with six more and an assist in a 22-3 victory over Whitman-Hanson Thursday.
Katie Notarangelo , Foxborough: Seven goals in two games from the junior helped the Warriors seize the early lead in the Hockomock League’s Davenport Division. Notarangelo’s five goals in a 19-4 win over North Attleborough last Wednesday led all scorers.
Steve Righini , Archbishop Williams: The Weymouth resident hasn’t been the Bishops’ leading scorer early on — junior Nick Menzel (17 goals, nine assists) holds that distinction — but he’s close with 12 goals and eight assists in four contests since transferring from Catholic Memorial. He put up six goals and one assist in a win over Bishop Fenwick Friday for his best performance thus far.
Healey’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Saturday with next game listed)
1. Duxbury (2-1); Tues. vs. Xaverian, 4
2. Hingham (1-1); Sat. vs. Newton North, 11 a.m.
3. Foxborough (1-0); Fri. vs. Mansfield, 3:30
4. Scituate (2-0); Thurs. vs. Catholic Memorial, 7
5. Xaverian (2-1); Sat. vs. Needham, 10
6. Archbishop Williams (4-0); Fri. vs. Arlington Catholic, 4
7. Mansfield (2-1); Fri. at Foxborough, 3:30
8. Bridgewater-Raynham (3-0); Sat. at Natick, 1
9. Old Rochester (3-0); Mon. at Upper Cape Cod, noon
10. Hanover (1-1); Thurs. at Dover-Sherborn, 4
Healey’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Notre Dame, Hingham (3-0); Thurs. at Duxbury, 4
2. Westwood (3-0); Fri. at Holliston, 3:45
3. Cohasset (2-0); Thurs. at Hingham, 4
4. Norwell (0-0); Tues. (April 23) at Hull, 4
5. Foxborough (2-0); Sat. at Sandwich, 10 a.m.
6. Duxbury (1-1); Thurs. vs. Notre Dame (Hingham), 4
7. Archbishop Williams (3-1); Fri. at Arlington Catholic, 4
8. Scituate (2-1); Fri. at Barnstable, 3:30
9. Dedham (2-1); Fri. vs. Norwood, 3:45
10. Walpole (0-1); Thurs. at Wellesley, 4
Game of the Week
Notre Dame Academy of Hingham girls vs. Duxbury, Thursday, 4
A notable early-season showdown featuring two of the region’s best athletes: NDA senior Alex Dalton, headed to South Bend to suit up for Notre Dame this fall, and Dragons’ senior Hannah Murphy, who will play at University of Massachusetts Amherst. Both squads feature talented sophomore goaltenders in Hanna Cooper (NDA) and Charlotte Wahle (Duxbury). Duxbury senior Emily Giumetti and Notre Dame senior Julia Simmons are both defenders — they won’t necessarily cross paths much — but they still have an interesting dynamic: Next spring, they will be teammates at UConn.