Tucker Bouchard , Silver Lake: The senior guard had arguably the biggest week of his scholastic career, averaging 28 points in a pair of wins. He crossed the 1,000-point plateau with 27 in a 66-63 victory over Whitman-Hanson Friday, then poured in 29 in a 71-63 win against Quincy Tuesday to help the Lakers clinch a postseason berth.
Eddie Bowler , Hingham: This week it was two more games, two more wins, and two more double-doubles for the senior captain/forward. He put up 20.5 points and 12.5 rebounds per game in wins against Quincy and Duxbury for the Harbormen.
Nicole Jorgensen , Quincy: The freshman sensation continued her strong run by putting up 18 points, 22 rebounds, and nine blocks per game in a pair of victories. She followed up her first career triple-double — 12 points, 20 rebounds, and 11 blocks Friday vs. Hingham — with a 24-point, 24-rebound performance against Silver Lake Tuesday.
Kelly Martin , Scituate: The senior point guard is showing no signs of slowing down, averaging 18 points, 7.5 rebounds, and seven assists in Patriot League wins over Pembroke and Whitman-Hanson. Her 26 points in the Sailors’ 49-24 home triumph vs. the Panthers Tuesday were more than the visitors managed as a team.
Karlie O’Driscoll , Sharon: One of the Hockomock League’s leading scorers (18.1 points per game), the Eagles’ junior forward continued that trend with 14 points vs. Attleboro and a 26-point, 12-rebound performance against Franklin.
Healey’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Tuesday with next game listed)
1. Mansfield (16-1); at Franklin, Tues., 6:30
2. Rockland (15-1); vs. East Bridgewater, Tues., 6:30
3. Wareham (14-1); vs. Greater New Bedford, Tues., 6:30
4. Cardinal Spellman (12-2); at Archbishop Williams, Tues., 6:30
5. Cohasset (14-3); vs. Mashpee, Tues., 6:30
6. Brockton (9-5); at New Bedford, Tues., 7
7. Scituate (12-3); vs. Middleboro, Tues., 6:30
8. North Quincy (13-4); vs. Silver Lake, Tues., 6:30
9. Hingham (11-5); at Whitman-Hanson, Tues., 6:30
10. Norton (13-3); vs. Westwood, Tues., 6:30
Healey’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Oliver Ames (14-0); at Sharon, Tues., 6:30
2. Braintree (15-2); at Weymouth, Tues., 6:30
3. Archbishop Williams (13-4); at Cardinal Spellman, Tues., 6:30
4. Fontbonne (14-1); vs. Ursuline, Fri., 6
5. Abington (17-1); at Carver, Fri., 6:30
6. Duxbury (14-1); at Quincy, Tues., 6:30
7. Foxborough (11-3); at Milford, Tues., 6:30
8. Scituate (12-2); vs. Newton South, Sun., 1
9. Old Rochester (14-1); at Bourne, Tues., 6:30
10. Blue Hills (13-0); at Randolph, Mon., 5:30
Game of the Week
Cohasset boys vs. Mashpee, Tuesday, 6:30
Rockland has already locked up the South Shore League, so the Skippers and Falcons have to duke it out for the second spot. Cohasset topped host Mashpee in the first meeting, 64-44, on Jan. 11, behind senior captain Shane Haggerty’s 20 points. Since then Mashpee has hit a bit of snag, going 4-2 with losses to Carver and Abington. If the Falcons are to avenge that January loss, look for senior guard Cody Bingham-Hendricks and senior center Nakia Hendricks to lead the way.